Stevenrj10
Returning Member

ACA Premium Tax Credit

I purchased my insurance through the marketplace, ACA in 2019 and received no advance premium payments (0.00 in 1095A columns B & C).  I am also below poverty level at 202%.  The program is not filling in lines 12E-23E, premium tax credit on form 8962.  Is there an explanation why this is happening? 

Deductions & credits

Your problem is that you cannot leave column B blank ... you must get the SLCP from the ACA and enter it in the program ... only then will a PTC be produced ...

If you paid full price and want to see if you qualify for a premium tax credit based on your final 2019 income

• Use the Health Coverage Tax Tool when it’s available later in January to find the premium for the second lowest cost Silver plan (SLCSP) that applied to you for 2019. (If you paid full price, this information won’t appear on your 1095-A.)
  • Use this SLCSP figure to fill out Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit (PDF). You'll find out if you qualify for a premium tax credit based on your final 2019 income.
  • If you qualify, your credit will either increase your 2019 refund or reduce your tax owed.

https://www.healthcare.gov/taxes/marketplace-plan-without-savings/