Does anyone know why form 8938 on foreign account information is missing when i go to view or print my returns?

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

Deductions & credits

Are you even required to file one?  If you are not required, this form will not be generated. 

Click here 8938 vs FBAR to verify the requirements. 

If you meet the requirements, to fill out a Form 8938, please revisit that section to verify your answers to the questions by following these steps:

• Sign in to your TurboTax account and select Pick up where you left off
  • At the right upper corner, in the search box, type in "foreign assets" and Enter
  • Select Jump to foreign assets
  • Follow prompts

I hope this helps.  Please write back for any further questions.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
aj2019

Deductions & credits

Tried this using TurboTax Deluxe Online perhaps half dozen times.  Found a few online posts complaining of the same issue with the online version that suggested the download version had no such issues.  In lieu of waiting on hold for an hour to talk to Intuit customer service, I paid for the download version (yup another $79) and entered the entire return again.  No issue with the 8938, the PDF generated and filed.  Tried calling customer service to ask for refund but the waiting time was estimated to be over an hour.  Would love to somehow let others know about this... you don't figure out the 8938 is missing until you do a final preview before hitting "file".

Deductions & credits

I have exactly the same issue with the online version.  I noticed a small typo in the 8938 so went back in to correct it and - bingo - everything is gone.  I need to re-enter everything from scratch.  There's clearly a bug here but I don't want to spend an eternity on hold.  I am also thinking of paying for the downloadable software as I am fed up having to re-enter the information time after time.