rowand08

Why does my Infant son not count on the earned income credit

I have a two month old son non in October but when I try to get the child credit I’m told he does not meet the Qualifications i don’t understand why.

Deductions & credits

Probably because you did not indicate that he lived with you for the entire year.  On the screen for entering how long he lived in your home was information on how to report if the child was born in 2019.

Go back to the My Info section and edit the dependent section to correct the mistake.

Deductions & credits

Sadly many people fail to read the screen that tells you exactly what to do ... pay attention to all the words on the screen ... take your time and read them all on every screen ...

child born months 2019.jpg

Deductions & credits

And--have you entered your income earned from working yet?  Unless you have entered your W-2, you are not going to see any child-related credits.  Employers have until January 31 to issue your W-2.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**