Deductions & credits

• Select Federal Taxes
• Select Deductions and Credits
• Select Show More next to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid
• Select Start or Revisit next to Foreign Taxes

View solution in original post

svarbhanu

Deductions & credits

this doesn't help me enough. where to I actually input how much $$$ I have been taxed by Canada. See when I report my foreign income my US refund drops to zilch. I know how to do a foreign tax credit, but its not clear where I input that number and its not being reflected by my est. tax refund returning to its normal number.

Deductions & credits

I'm having the same problem. The Foreign Tax Credit Computation Worksheet is not calculating correctly.
louis925

Deductions & credits

Same problem. I already enter my Foreign wage but the Foreign Taxes section keeps saying that it didn't find my foreign income Tax payment. I thought this is the place for me to enter it...

Deductions & credits

Same problem. Proceeded through many times but there is no place to enter the amount of taxes paid.

Deductions & credits

This "recommended answer" is not helpful in the least.  I'm using the desktop version of "Home and Business" and there is no tab labeled "Federal Taxes"  There is a section of PERSONAL called "Deductions and Credits" where we find a "Foreign Taxes" section which does not clearly provide a place to specify how much foreign tax was paid.   Additionally, I've got a large carryover (as one does as a dual US/Canadian citizen) and when I come out the other side of this step-by-step, the value for Foreign taxes paid remains as $0.   

Deductions & credits

That answer is from 2 years ago, and was correct at the time. The program labels have changed since then. There is currently an issue with Foreign taxes. TT is working on it.

Deductions & credits

Has this been fixed?  I also am unable to enter an amount of Foreign Taxes paid - I can only view a calculated foreign tax credit (which is less than what I paid).  This is extremely confusing when all I want to do is enter the dollar amount of foreign taxes paid.

Deductions & credits

TurboTax 1099-DIV is not allowing me to enter box 7 (Foreign Tax Paid) like it used to???

Deductions & credits

Has this been fixed?  I also am unable to enter an amount of Foreign Taxes paid
abhi-usha

Deductions & credits

As I have small credits from previous years it does not give me an option to enter tax paid overseas during 2018

Deductions & credits

Has this been fixed?  I also am unable to enter an amount of Foreign Taxes paid

Deductions & credits

Having the same problem.  Get this fixed, TurboTax.

Deductions & credits

@celestemarie1002
This is an old answered thread from 2 years ago.  It will NOT show up as needing help.  That's why there has been no response to the last 4-5 posters.   Please start your own new thread using the link below so it will show up where you can be questioned and assisted.  I'll close this old thread.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/new">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/new</a>

When you go to the form at the link, the first box is for a summary of your question, like a title, and is limited to 170 characters..  If you need more room, lower on the form you will come to another box with plenty of room to enter details.  This is a public Internet forum, so don't post any personal info.