My mortgage interest shows up twice. I list it when asked for my home information and then again for my home office expenses. It looks like I'm double dipping.

Deductions & credits

When you enter your mortgage interest for your home office deduction, you do not also need to enter it as a deduction for your home.  Turbo Tax will calculate the "business" percentage to be reported of your home office expense and will carry the balance of your Mortgage Interest to your Schedule A.

So, just go to your home information and delete the mortgage interest you entered there.  That will do away with the duplication.

View solution in original post

maxreeder

Deductions & credits

This also happened with Rental Property.  We rent a room out of our primary residence, and Turbotax states

"

Reminder: Earlier you indicated that you would enter the personal portion of your rental property expenses. Enter the personal portion of your mortgage interest here.
This deduction does not cover rental or business properties, or other things.

"

However, in my case we did not rent our room for the full year, so our Mortgage interest was pro-rated.  Turbotax DOES NOT TELL YOU HOW MUCH IT USED IN YOUR SCHEDULE E RENTAL.  This is very annoying.