How to complete review when Non-resident state form is done manually

Full time resident of MO.  Had some income tax withheld for IL. So I manually did the Illinois 1040 and NR forms and selected MO for my state tax for in Turbo tax Premier

My problem is that since I did not buy an addition state (of Illinois non-resident file) and entered the information manually in turbo tax MO state form to get the credit,  the complete review process keeps looping through saying I need to complete my tax filings by buying the IL state form.  

I don't need or want to buy the additional state.  I just want turbo tax to complete the review process for the Fed and MO state return and proceed to print and file.  

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

State tax filing

Please clarify which version of TurboTax you are using, Online or Desktop?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

State tax filing

Apologies.  Desktop  Win 10.  Premier edition

AmyC
Expert Alumni

State tax filing

Windows desktop allows you to see the MO form and enter the credits from the other state. However, I don't understand how you are going to efile MO since the MO CR needs to be a part of your return and the other state return must be attached to the CR. You would need to mail the MO or efile the other state.

See MO-CR and MO-1040 Instructions

State tax filing

I did not plan to file electronically for the state as they charge $25 per state to file that way.  For that kind of money they shuffle my paper.    So  my goal was to fill out Illinois manually and then fill out Missouri with turbo tax, verify the Fed and Missouri, print and file Fed Electronically and mail both state returns. 

Thanks

Tim

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

State tax filing

@olgoat I do not see your looping issue in TurboTax Download\CD Premier. You may be seeing this because you told TurboTax in Personal Info that you made money in another state (Illinois).

• Click on Personal Info
  • On Your and Your Family go down to the bottom to Other State Income. If Illinois is listed, Edit, and say No, I didn't make money in any other states.
  • Select File in the upper left. 
  • Click Remove State and remove Illinois if it's there.

If you are still seeing a looping issue, you can ignore it. You can print and mail by clicking on Print Center in the upper right.

To check your Illinois credit, click Forms in the upper right. In the left column find Form MO-CR(1). Double click and the form will open.