Partner income worksheet - K-1

Worksheet asks for Partnerships name and address with state and zip code - The problem is that the partnership is located in Bermuda and there is no State or zip code - The Turbo Tax software will not let me go on without the state and zip code - What to do?????

aoakes278

State tax filing

Enter your own address as the address for the partnership.

The IRS has the correct address from the return that the partnership filed and the K-1 you received (and are entering) does not get transmitted to the IRS.

View solution in original post

State tax filing

Thanks much - This response allowes me to complete my return with confidence -

aoakes278

xluman
Returning Member

State tax filing

@tagteam There is a software problem in the 2020 New Jersey State form that I was unable to solve with the suggested workaround.  TT support suggested I start from scratch on the Federal tab by deleting the K-1 details.  I have a PO Box address for the LLC in the same zip code as my residence.  When I get to the state return info, the NJ worksheet G says the zip code is invalid.  Trying the suggested workaround, I entered my home address for the LLC, which is in the same zip code as my residence.  Did not work. I even deleted the K-1 info again and saved my revised Federal info (minus K-1)  and logged off TT. Then I logged back in, created new K-1 info from the Federal tab. Running a NJ review, I get the same message about an invalid Zip Code.  I also note another oddity: the software mysteriously adds the letter "i" to my first name.