BradASchreiber
Returning Member

California Form 568-State e-filing

I have finished my 2020 taxes but California Form 568 was not e-filed and it will not allow me to print it. I e-filed and the state has confirmed receipt of return but I have not idea what forms they received since it will not print a  PDF of them. I reviewed the forms but it did not transmit any of them. 

JoannaB2
Expert Alumni

State tax filing

Yes, California Form 568, Limited Liability Company Return of Income may be e-filed.  If your using Turbo Tax Home and Business, you may e-file Form 568 for multi member LLC only.  The single member LLC or disregarded entity that files form Schedule C will have to print the return and mail it to the State Of California Franchise Tax Board.

BradASchreiber
Returning Member

State tax filing

OK- so I spoke to Turbo Tax phone support and they told me that Form 568 is not finalized yet. It will be final as of February 26. However, my e-file return was sent, and accepted, as of today.

So on February 26th I will be able to open the software and update, and then create a Form 568 for my records (something I cannot do yet)

My question is, how can my electronic filing be complete if the Form is not finalized? Do I have to go ahead an mail it in as well? How do I know it transmitted. When I opened the Form 568 on the Forms tab the Form says "Do Not File" on it in red letters.

I want to make sure that everything the state needs has been sent.

BradASchreiber
Returning Member

State tax filing

That is not the answer to my question.