puconghan
Returning Member

Will Schedule C and Form 8829 ever be available on the downloaded versions of Turbo Tax?

Schedule C form 8829 is still not approved for use and blocked my e-filing at the moment. Many other tax preparation softwares are supporting Schedule C and Form 8829 for e-filing this year. I would like to find out if this form is planning to be supported by TurboTax for e filing this year and also when is planning to get updated ?

@TurboTaxExpert A clear and confirmative answer for this question is appreciated so that we can decided whether to keep waiting or shift to other programs. Have been waiting for it for weeks.

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

State tax filing

I checked availability for Schedule C and form 8829, and I see both are available for mail and efile returns. You can check the availability of forms by clicking here. If the forms are not populating for you, can you please let us know if you are getting any error message(s) and what version of TurboTax you are using?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

State tax filing

It says schedule C is available, but it is flagged in the federal review as being unavailable. I have downloaded the desktop version of home and business. it says the form is still being worked on. What do I have to do to get it reloaded and fixed?

be clear, be specific please

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

State tax filing

@JakeLee Please try performing an update to resolve this issue and try again. You can follow the instructions in the link below on how to manually update your download software:

Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business)

If you continue to have issues, please reach out to our TurboTax Customer Care Team. The best and most efficient way for you to connect with the right person to get the help you need is to select the version you are using below. Use the web form and type your question or a keyword.  You will get an appropriate phone number for your issue. (You will not get a phone number if you use the link outside of operating hours.) We're open daily from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM PT.