My state doesn’t show up as an option. Tennessee

State tax filing

Not sure where you are trying to make it show up.  TN has no state income tax so there are screens where it will not show up as an option.  What are you trying to do?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
DJS
Alumni
Alumni

State tax filing

Tennessee does not have a state income tax. 

Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.
**If this post is helpful please click on "thumbs up"**

State tax filing

Spoiler
    When entering my info for my W-2, unemployment and social security it keeps telling me it needs to be reviewed because I didn't pick a state. My state, Tennessee isn't an option, I know Tennessee has no income tax that doesn't explain why I can go no further. It will not let me leave it blank and Tennessee isn't listed as an option. How do I go further?? 

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

State tax filing

There are 2 fields on the form.  In the address field, you can choose TN.   For the state tax field, it should be blank or empty.   Choose the option a the top of the state list, which will be a blank field, right above AK.   @Doyleb1954

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"