FFK
Level 2

Notice of proposed assessment from state of Ca for 2016

We received a letter from FTB of additional tax due for 2016. It states "based on the information provided to us by IRS" ..."you underreported your income and/or overstated your deductions" However, we have never received anything from the IRS that the amounts we filed were incorrect, and per Turbo, we filed the same amounts for state and federal.  It states if we believe this notice is sent in error, "please obtain a complete copy of the most recent IRS report for the taxable year shown above" How do I do this? I looked through the IRS site and there is nothing that will provide me with the information they filed with the state. I can send them a copy of what I filed....but they have that info.  Any help is appreciated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

State tax filing

try getting a transcript from the IRS. It shows as reported ON 1040 and per IRS computer. YOU CAN GET IT ONLINE

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

Request Online
What You Need
To register and use this service, you need:

your SSN, date of birth, filing status and mailing address from latest tax return,
access to your email account,
your personal account number from a credit card, mortgage, home equity loan, home equity line of credit or car loan, and

a mobile phone with your name on the account.

CAN'T GRT IT ONLINE BECUASE YOU DON'T HAVE ALL THE REQUIRED ITEMS THEN REQUEST BY MAIL.  THIS MAY TAKE A LOT LONGR THAN THE TIME SPECIFIED

Request by Mail
What You Need
To use this service, you need your:

SSN or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN),
date of birth, and
mailing address from your latest tax return

FFK
Level 2

State tax filing

Thank you! I think this is what I was looking for.