TurboTax Business e-file CA Form 541 fiduciary return?

Does TurboTax Business have capability to e-file California fiduciary Form 541 tax return?  

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

State tax filing

No. You can use TurboTax Business to prepare California Fiduciary returns, but they are print and mail only - no e-file.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

State tax filing

Why is this DavidD66?  The CA-FTB website has the following statement: "Fiduciaries are able to e-file FTB Form 541, California Fiduciary Income Tax Return, for this year and the past two tax years." Is this a lacking feature of TurboTax, or is it not permitted by the state? 

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

State tax filing

E-filing of fiduciary forms is allowed by CA, but not supported in TurboTax.  

State tax filing

Not to hijack this thread but I’m following up on it due to it being one of the few related to a big problem for me with no resolution. I am reinstalling 2015 Business Turbo Tax due to a Windows upgrade where I wiped my old OS and drive. Although I purchased the California Fiduciary (CA Form 541) download in the past, it went straight to my computer via download as by default it downloads through the program. I didn’t log into the TurboTax site to download the copy there for archive purposes and Intuit has purged it.  The program doesn’t allow me to download another copy and Intuit claims they don’t have any copies. Because participants on this thread are discussing CA Form 541, I am wondering if anyone who was savvy enough to download it and save the California software would be kind enough to share it with me. I have the TurboTax Program but without the CA state software, the whole thing has become useless!

moniauber

State tax filing

Paying $54.99 for CA Form 541 and it cannot even be E-Filed, not to mention how much I had to pay for the Business CD,  not at all happy with Turbo Tax.  

iOne
Level 4

State tax filing

This appears to be true for 2021 as well.  Sucky.  I sincerely hope a competitor to TurboTax emerges.

State tax filing

My guess it will be a while before TT is updated to support e-filing of CA Form 541.

Does anyone know if there is any online service that can take my filled CA Form 541 (forms) and e-file for me? I am willing to pay a fee for this, in addition to the already paid TT Business software.

Thanks,

Joseph

State tax filing

It allows e to efile for 2022 and then the returns gets rejected by California FTB. A very coded cryptic error is the reason and advices to file by mail. What gives INtuit experts?

State tax filing

It claims to be supported in 2022 but fails (gets rejected by the State ) when you do it. Why?

HopeS
Expert Alumni

State tax filing

You can prepare California Form 541 return in TurboTax, but you will have to print and mail this return to the State since this Form cannot be e-filed in TurboTax. 

We suggest you print and mail using a certified mail receipt so you can track the delivery.

Below are the instructions to print your return:

1. Sign in to your TurboTax account and open your return by selecting Continue or Pick up where you left off.
  2. Select Tax Tools from the left menu, then Print Center (on mobile devices, tap in the upper left corner to expand the menu)
  3. Select Print, save, or preview this year's return, and follow any additional instructions.
  4. Once your PDF opens in Adobe Acrobat Reader, select the printer icon near the top
  5. Make any adjustments in the Print window and then select Print at the bottom

See additional information in the link below:

California e-file for Fiduciaries 

@Andreasy