LaRue1952

completing Alabama tax return

Completed federal tax return and when I tried to continue on with the Alabama return, it would not let me onto that portion of the program.  I went further and it said that I had to pay for the state download, so I did:  $44.99 + $4.27 in sales tax.  Still, I cannot access the Alabama tax portion.  I just installed the CD today and the package says that I am supposed to get one free state download.  I went onto the online menu and it wants me to pay again.  This is very frustrating!

State tax filing

Were you able to fix this and complete your state tax? Asking since I am currently running into the same issue. Please any feedback is appreciated.

bev2411

State tax filing

I have a similar problem. I purchased the Alabama State tax download, I got the confirmation email but when I go to the  downloads, the 2019 Alabama State Tax download is not there. I also can't find anyway to directly make contact with Intuit, not even an online chat.

2life1

State tax filing

I have the same issue here in the state of California. I can not efile my tax unless I pay again for the amount of $44.99. I cant get hold of one customer service all day. I am very frustrated with Turbo Tax services.

State tax filing

I had a similar situation and ended up paying for a service I didn’t want or use. I believe Intuit is being purposefully confusing in order to get people to overpay. 

Garyzhang

State tax filing

I ran into the same problems and I called through this afternoon after waiting 75min, and then it took me another 2 hours to speak with the lady ( was jerked around, so exhausted).  Finally, I was told that this year's tax fee was bumped up. and I don't need to pay at the end.   

But you know  what happened. When I was at the end, I got another $24.99 FILING fee. I am completely pissed. They know nothing.  I filed two states costing me $96 +$49. So frustrated. I am going to dispute with my credit card company

PascalC

State tax filing

I have the same issue and already paid 2 states

Garyzhang

State tax filing

Then what should do with this? It wastes my money and time.  We gotta do something right>

paige johnson
Returning Member

State tax filing

I paid for efile for my Missouri state return and income tax payment ($24.99) but the tax return form was received but not the efile payment.  Said I had to mail in the state voucher with a check.  I called our Dept of Revenue and paid electronically to them, but was told they were having a lot problems with Turbo Tax with efiling payments.   I can't talk to anyone at Turbo Tax or Inuit regarding this or find an email to send my complaint.  I should be refunded for the money I paid because they didn't efile my payment.  

Levi5

State tax filing

Free Tax App tried to charge me

A friend told me about Turbo Tax  and it reallly was free

Levi5

State tax filing

What app did you use?