BillM223
Expert Alumni

State tax filing

"On my W-2 there is no amount for state tax that was taken from my pay if that makes sense "

If the W-2 was for only $151 and this was all drill pay, then it makes sense that no state withholding was made (since it is not taxable).

And you are saying that you did mark this W-2 as active duty military pay on the screen after the W-2 entry.

Did you also see the screen near the beginning of the Arizona interview with the heading "Your Military Pay Subtraction" saying that the $151 won;t be taxed in Arizona? I am guessing not, so I have to believe that you didn't persuade TurboTax that that W-2 was actually military pay.

Go back to the W-2 data entry screen, delete the W-2, and re-add it, making very sure to check the military pay on the next screen "any of these uncommon situations apply to you?"

And if you don;t see this option on the screen after the W-2, then go back to My Info or Personal Info and check that you were active duty. This is a requirement to get this military pay option after the W-2.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"