ghayes64

Louisiana state tax return

I was a partial resident in Louisiana for 3 months and have filed my taxes in January 2020. The website for where is my refund states that my return was processed on January 27, 2020. This is April 07, 2020. More than 45 days. Where is it?, as it was suppose to be direct deposit. Jeeeeze

JulieS
Employee Tax Expert

State tax filing

TurboTax doesn't get any updates on the status of your refund after the return is accepted.

If I understand you correctly, you have checked on the status of your Louisiana refund on their website and it shows that it was processed on January 27. Did it also say that the refund was issued?

At this point, contacting the Louisiana Department of Revenue is your only option.

Click here for contact information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ghayes64

State tax filing

No. I have not received my Louisiana state tax return still. Will not use you guys again!

BillM223
Employee Tax Expert

State tax filing

If you filed a Louisiana return and indicated that your refund be direct deposit and you gave TurboTax the bank routing number and your account number, then as Julie said above, you need to contact the State of Louisiana to see if the direct deposit failed (so you can update the info). Or perhaps the direct deposit failed and so the state mailed you the refund check and it got lost in the mail. 

The point is that TurboTax cannot track the progress of your refund because it is in the hands of the state.

Call the state if you want your refund; TurboTax doesn't have it nor has any way to know where it is.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"