Headaman

Kansas State Tax computation seems wrong..TT put my tax withholding in for the Taxes Due amount

The Kansas State income tax calculation on K-40  line 8 on Tax Calculation is putting the W2 State Tax withheld amount there instead of the calculated amount. It seems odd that I was not getting or owing even $1.

the software is Up to date...I updated it before using it today.

I tried re-calculating and checking my taxes through TurboTax several times and the Calculated amount is still what was withheld on my W2 and not an actual calculated amount. I went to the FORMs section and confirmed the withheld amount matches exactly to what TT is saying I owe for State taxes.

Yes, I also confirmed from the K-40 Instructions Tax Tables that the tax calculation is wrong...by several hundred dollars. I should owe, not have $0.

TomD8
Level 15

State tax filing

It seems highly unlikely, but why don't you go to the Kansas 2019 Tax Tables (pages 20 & following of this reference:  https://www.ksrevenue.org/pdf/ip19.pdf) and see if your K-40 line 8 is just possibly correct.

There is the slim possibility that your withheld taxes (line 22 of your K-40) exactly did match your taxes due.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.
Headaman

State tax filing

did that as well before posting here.

TomD8
Level 15

State tax filing

Did the KS withheld taxes as shown on your W-2 exactly match the entry on Line 22 of your K-40?

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.