If I am being told to check this entry and it says State Tax Refund Worksheet Item Q Line 2 what do I put in there?

Ess
Level 1

State tax filing

I am getting teh same message and cannot get past it. TurboTax, please respond. Thank you.

msc2
Level 1

State tax filing

Great question - I'm getting the same thing!

Ess
Level 1

State tax filing

This isn't the entire answer (TurboTax needs to provide that), but maybe this will help a bit. On the top left of the app, press the Forms icon/link. The screen will flip around and should take you to the item in question. I was able to determine what to fill in but imagine people's situations will vary. It wasn't super intuitive...

jmin143

State tax filing

I am getting the same message! I'm not aware of receiving a State Tax Refund Worksheet... @turbotax pls respond

JulieS
Employee Tax Expert

State tax filing

This error refers to the amount on line 5c of your Schedule A for 2018, which is state and local personal property taxes. That is usually the deductible amount of your vehicle registration fees. 

If you did not itemize, you can enter 0. If you did itemize, just check your Schedule A from 2018 and fill in the number you had on line 5c.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

State tax filing

Thank you so much! Flipping the form made it so easy! 

State tax filing

this line is blank back to 2017 tax year just checked all done on TT so weird I don't submit until all errors go away and dont' recall this ever coming up until trying to finish my 2019 tax year taxes.  Should I just track down my vehicle reg fee and enter for 2019 tax year returns since 2017, 2018 were both blank or?  Thank you in advance to whomever can help me - this is the only thing holding me up to submit my tax return. 

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

State tax filing

@zenmster If you use the Standard Deduction, your State Tax Refund is not reported as Income.

Make sure you indicated that you received a Refund (if you did) and what your State Tax Amount Paid was in the section.

Click this link for more info on State Tax Refunds

This link has instructions for Entering State Tax Refund

NSheridan

State tax filing

Getting the same message. Help please. 

NSheridan

State tax filing

Forms link and others are gray ... not accessible.

NSheridan

State tax filing

Itemized but no Schedule A to be found. 

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

State tax filing

@NSheridan This error refers to the amount on line 5c of your Schedule A for 2019, which is state and local personal property taxes. That is usually the deductible amount of your vehicle registration fees. 

Check the Schedule A from your 2019 return.  If you did not itemize (no Schedule A), you can enter 0.

TurboTax is trying to determine if your State Tax Refund is taxable this year. 

Click this link for more info on Taxable State Refunds. 

zzzx
Returning Member

State tax filing

where do i find state tax refund worksheet item q line 1?

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

State tax filing

Item Q amounts on the State Tax Refund Worksheet are numbers from Schedule A of your 2019 income tax return.,