hk50
Level 1

Removing Form 3554

Any idea how to opt out of Form 3554? We are not new hires so we do not qualify for this credit, do i just enter no entry or no? I don't want to mess up our taxes since i know for a fact we do not qualify for this credit, using TurboTax Online, Thanks!

hk50
Level 1

State tax filing

I went back into the New Employment Credit Recapture section and removed the 0 that i had in there previously, and it's still making me fill out the form, what can i do?

Once you register your tax return, or pay any TurboTax fees, we can no longer clear and start over.

Is the error i am getting when i try to delete or start over my CA state return, do i just not continue filing it online, and mail it in?
hk50
Level 1

State tax filing

So since there's no response yet, i'm assuming i'm just going to have to file through mail?

TomK100
Expert Alumni

State tax filing

Here's the general procedure for viewing the forms list and deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the left menu, select Tax Tools and then Tools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet in the list and follow the instructions.

Please see this Help article for other Tips and tricks concerning deleting other forms that may have  transferred from last year's return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
hk50
Level 1

State tax filing

The form does not appear in the forms section at all, State taxes are definitely out of my scope of expertise so i'm most likely going to have to take it to a preparer, and have them just mail it in.... There's no way i can restart my state taxes..... Thanks for your help.

JulieS
Employee Tax Expert

State tax filing

This question was answered last year, but the fix still applies to this year.

Click here to see that post.

hk50
Level 1

State tax filing

Since i cannot delete my CA state return because i already paid my fees for turbotax using my tax return, i guess there is no answer for me.
Mail in State Return it is!

JulieS
Employee Tax Expert

State tax filing

You can try deleting Form 3554 through the Tools menu:

1. Click on Tax Tools, then Tools in the lower left corner.
  2. Select Delete a form from the list.
  3. Scroll down to your CA return (will be near the bottom of the list).
  4. Find Form 3554 on the list and select Delete to the right. 
  5. Confirm that want to delete the form. 
  6. Click Continue, then try to Review and e-file your return.

hk50
Level 1

State tax filing

That specific form is not in the tools section. I dont know if it's a bug or what, I would love to do my state taxes with turbotax but I know for a fact if I submit that form I'm going to be screwed so my only option would be to have a preparer do my state return and mail it in. 

hk50
Level 1

State tax filing

Support is saying to just complete the return, let it be accepted, then amend the return, and send back whatever money I owe back... is this really the only way? Like its ridiculous... 

hk50
Level 1
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

State tax filing

Check out the California forms availability list. Form 3554 is not scheduled for release until January 30, 2020.

The state of California states that the New Employment Credit form instructions are currently not available even though they do provide Form 3554 from the same website. 

If you do not think you need this form, you could delete it. 

To delete this form, from the lower part of the left navigation pane, click on Tax Tools>Tools>Delete a Form

Scroll down to the form you want to delete, click Delete and follow the prompts.

hk50
Level 1

State tax filing

Form 3554, is not located on tax tools > delete a form > california return
There is no way i can start over my state return as well because i have already paid my fees for my federal return, so i can't e-file my california state tax return......
I'm assuming the IRS will not accept my federal return until my state return has been filed? 
I've used turbotax last year with no issue, so i'm not sure why Form 3554 is required this year, if i put no entry will the IRS ignore that specific form, or what can i do, my last option is to mail it in.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

State tax filing

You can choose to efile your federal return and mail in your California return.You have those options when you file your returns. 

ADV88

State tax filing

Having the same issue - not seeing it under forms to be able to delete