California Return error

In reviewing the CA state return the software reports: Schedule CA:Part II, Line 4, Col A must equal line 1 minus line 3 (110).

The calculation is clearly wrong on the form. I have no idea how to change the numbers on this form nor does the software provide any way to correct the problem. How can I resolve this problem

JulieS
Employee Tax Expert

State tax filing

Schedule CA is not ready to e-file yet because the state has not finalized the form yet. Turbo Tax will update this form as soon as possible after the state of California releases the final form. 

I think when the form is updated, it should solve this problem.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

State tax filing

I've been getting this error message for 3 days now.  Any solutions yet?

JulieS
Employee Tax Expert

State tax filing

No, not yet. The instructions are still not available from the state of California. Turbo Tax can't update the form until after the state finalizes their instructions.

Click here to see status

mabeyg

State tax filing

Unable to e-file CA return because there is an error I have no idea how to correct.  Same question someone else posted, but what is the remedy?

mjsj
Returning Member

State tax filing

I have an error where the CA form keeps asking me to insert my SS benefits. I did no0t receive any SS benefits. I can not type on the form or the 1040 form to update. I entered on my 1040 all zeros for SS. But it still shows it blank.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

State tax filing

Please go back through the federal and make sure all Social Security questions are empty. Then check the following CA forms link. Most forms are supported, but not all.