I am looking at my taxes which i filed on 1/11/2020. The Aditional Child Tax Credit form says in big bold letter “DO NOT FILE. FORM NOT FINAL” Does anyone know what this means? Would Turbo

Would Turbo Tax let me file incomplete forms?

State tax filing

You could not have filed the tax return if the Form 8812 had not been finalized for the ACTC.

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected

Did you follow the above procedure and receive an email from TurboTax acknowledging the transmission of your tax return?  If not, it was not e-filed.

State tax filing

Yes, I did all that and got efile confirmation email.  Although my status says Pending. 

State tax filing

Okay...Then you should be alright.  The Form 8812 has been finalized so there should not be an issue with the IRS when they start pulling tax return on and after January 27.

If you print your tax return again from the TurboTax online program the 8812 should not have that watermark.  In some cases the watermark will remain on the form until the IRS has accepted your tax return.

State tax filing

Great, thanks! 

Chereebee

State tax filing

Same thing happened to me. It wouldnt let me file since the form wasnt ready, then I tried again and it let me. It was the day before I got the email that the form was ready. Now it's stamped with the same thing on that page, and it hasn't been accepted yet! It's been more than 48 hrs since filing, so I'm kind of freaking out that I did something wrong  and wont get that credit! 

State tax filing

@Chereebee Your e-filed tax return will be in a Pending state until the IRS starts pulling the 2019 tax return from the TurboTax servers on and after January 27.

The Form 8812 has the watermark since it was filed before the IRS accepted the tax return.  After the tax return has been accepted by the IRS then get another PDF of the return and the Form 8812 should have the watermark removed.

State tax filing

I filed with TurboTax it was accepted but form 8812 still has the watermark on it do not file form not final what does this mean