Greg12

Do I need to mail in a Florida tax return? I have always filed an e-file federal tax return and that is all. Florida doesn't have a state income tax.

CathyB

State tax filing

No, you do not need to mail in a Florida individual income tax return. As you are aware, Florida doesn't have state income tax and so you do not need to file an individual income tax return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6121580

View solution in original post

Greg12

State tax filing

I wonder why it says I need to mail in my Florida tax return. When I open the form it says I need to mail in, it is blank except for some instructions at the top. I have filed Turbo Tax E-file the last couple years and haven't had this issue before. I am guessing it will be fine even if I don't mail it in because I don't really have to. It just confused me.
Greg12

State tax filing

I am also assuming that it won't prevent my e-file Federal Tax Return from going through?
CathyB

State tax filing

You can go back to the State section of the program, click Continue and then delete the Florida state return.

Yes, you will be able to submit your federal return via e-file using TurboTax.
Greg12

State tax filing

I am guessing I cannot remove the state section after I have finished filing already?
CathyB

State tax filing

If you have already filed your federal, you do not need to do anything further. If you try to delete the State return (by going back into the return) it will change your original work.

State tax filing

Same here.  Also confusing that I paid $59.00. to file the state return. The form that downloaded is blank. 

State tax filing

@dstclair1962 

FLORIDA

Florida does not have a state income tax.   You should have skipped the FL tax unless you own rental property  in FL or a FL based business.

Florida has a  tangible personal property tax form that is used in a Florida-located business or rental property and is filed with the county property appraiser by April 1st. 

If you do need to file a Form DR-405, nothing will print (except an instruction sheet) unless assets were transferred or you manually entered assets in the DR-405 worksheet. 

If you do not have tangible personal property to report, choose   Skip State   in the   State Taxes   section.

If you proceeded past the warning screens, try deleting the Florida return --> https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900608

If you already paid for a FL return:

No one in the user forum can resolve a billing issue.  If you have a question about your TurboTax fees or billing, make sure you use the word “billing” in your request for help.  Do not use the word “refund.”

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
rogerjt1

State tax filing

Why am i not being able to E-File my Florida tax return?

State tax filing

@rogerjt1 Did you read the reply directly above your own post--regarding FL returns?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**