New Member

I live in FL and worked for a company based out of NY, which I didn’t work specifically in NY for. I had NY state income tax, local income tax, NYDSI, and NYPFL taken from my wages. How do I get

New Member

State tax filing

You will need to file a non-resident New York State tax return in order to get the state tax money that was withheld from your wages back from New York state. You should also notify your employer and ask them to stop taking New York State tax from your paychecks.

If you are preparing a nonresident state return solely to recover tax that was withheld in error, enter 0 on the screen that asks for the income earned in that state. This will eliminate your tax liability for that state, resulting in a full refund.

View solution in original post