New Member

State tax filing

Regarding the inherited trust income - The inheriting of the Trust interest is not a taxable event so you will have no reporting requirements related to inheriting the Trust.

However, income generated by the trust after you inherited your interest in the trust will be taxable income to you and you should receive a K-1 from the Trust for any income being generated by the Trust.

To enter the Trust's K-1 in TurboTax, log into your tax return (for TurboTax Online sign-in, click Here and click on "Take me to my return") type "K-1" in the search bar then select "jump to K-1". TurboTax will guide you in entering this information.

Please note that you may have a KS nonresident income tax return filings if the income received by the Trust was generated from assets (a farm) located in KS.

Regarding your CA income - If you worked in CA and earned wages from an AL based company while residing in CA, then you will need to file a CA nonresident state income tax return to report your CA-sourced income only (no AL state return is needed). You will usually get to claim a state income tax credit in you home state for any state income taxes paid to another state but since you live in TX, you will not be able to get this credit.

Here is additional information about filing in multiple states (select "see more answer" to view the entire attachment)