Washington not listed for me to choose a state

State tax filing

WA has no state income tax
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
DeniseF1

State tax filing

Washington state does not have a state income tax, so you wouldn't have to file a state return for Washington.

View solution in original post

State tax filing

It would be better if the system displayed the Washington state option, and once the user selects it, let him/her know that they don't have to file taxes for Washington.

State tax filing

Thanks 😊

Ana20

State tax filing

I understand WA doesn’t have the income tax, but why does it say I paid $308.00 to WA FLI under box 19 “State income tax” ? Thanks

State tax filing

@Ana20 

Opinion: To avoid TTX software issues, you could probably leave it off the software W-2 ......or move the $$ to box 14 and use the "Other" category for defining what it is.

Apparently, WA hasn't been real good at defining where to enter those $$ on a W-2...at least I haven't seen definitive directions from WA govt yet....and various discussions on the web...almost exclusively indicate box 14.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*