Massachusetts Schedule INC

What is this and why is it blocking me from filing my MA taxes? I only have a W2 for this job (my only job) and won't be getting any other forms from my employer (and have no self-employment income, and thus no 1099 to file). Anyone know why this error is occurring and how to fix it?

State tax filing

I've added a screenshot of the specific error/problem. Help?

State tax filing

Yes it's saying the same for me

State tax filing

So is this some kind of universal error? Because I can't find a reference to this form anywhere online, whether on this site or elsewhere.

State tax filing

I have no idea I've never had this problem before n this is my 4th year doing my taxes in this site

State tax filing

This is the third year for me, and literally nothing has changed; I have the same job, the same insurance information, the same salary. Very frustrating.

State tax filing

Same here hopefully they can fix it I keep checking everyday cause I dunno how 2 file by mail n my federal was accepted

State tax filing

also having this problem.. 3rd year, nothings changed

State tax filing

Since you have a W-2, the form is part of your return.

State tax filing

So why is it saying I can't efile it? It it just an issue with it being too early to file for MA?

State tax filing

Sorry, the messaging on the screen is not clear.  It just means that's a non-e-filable form.  You do not need it for e-filing.  It is not blocking you from e-filing.  If you were to paper file, yes that would block you since it's not ready right now but will be ready in a few days.

State tax filing

Okay, that helps a bit; thanks! Do you know if this is a new requirement for this tax year? I haven't encountered this form/message in prior years, and as I stated in the thread above, nothing has changed with my employer/salary/filing status.

State tax filing

Not a new requirement. Always has happened behind the scenes.  Just displaying it to our customers so it's more transparent.

State tax filing

Great. Thanks for your help!

State tax filing

Thank you