I paid to file my IL state taxes and was told the forms weren't available. When can I get the forms, etc. that I paid for?

State tax filing

The Illinois forms are now available.  What is it you need to do?   Do you need to file your Illinois return?  If so--by efile or mail?    

Or have you already filed the Illinois return and now need to know how to download/print them?

State tax filing

The instructions were that I had to print and send them in. But the forms were marked "DO NOT FILE" before. So how do I actually get the forms that I can file? The ones I paid for?

State tax filing

Got it, thanks for your help!

State tax filing

Great news!   You're welcome.  Good luck.

State tax filing

I'll tell you two ways to print which will hopefully be free of the watermarks.   Try the first method first.

Method One:

• If TurboTax thinks you were finished, there will be no "Take me to my return" button.
  • So in that case, scroll down to "Some things you can do."
  • Choose "Add a state."  (you don't really add one; that's just to get the return to open back up.)
  • Once the return is open, go to the State Taxes tab if you need to work on the return any more. 
  • Otherwise, step through the REVIEW tab, then go to the FILE tab.
  • In the FILE tab, choose to "file by mail" (if you have to file by mail), and it should prompt you to print.
  • Do those forms still have the watermark?  If so, go to Method Two below.

Method Two:

• While the return is still open, click at the top on MY ACCOUNT, then choose PRINT CENTER.
  • Then choose "Print/save/view this year's return."
  • You will have a choice of the basic PDF or  one with "all forms and worksheets."  I usually save both PDFs. 
  • Print from the PDFs.  Are the watermarks gone?

View solution in original post