Maine Student Loan Repayment Tax Credit Worksheet Not in TurboTax 2022

Good morning,

As I go through my Maine state taxes the new Student Loan Repayment Tax Credit worksheet is not available in TurboTax for me to enter my data. This credit replaced the Educational Opportunity Credit from years past and the worksheet was always available. Is this something that will be available soon?

State tax filing

Looks like it will be available by the 26th, thanks!

State tax filing

@yeahhdad Have you seen this form online yet? I checked today and still not seeing it. 

JosephS1
Expert Alumni

State tax filing

The Form is now showing as available for both TurboTax Online, and TurboTax Desktop, for State of Maine residents.

Screen shot showing from TurboTax Online Maine entry.

@imgoodlooking24

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

State tax filing

Thank you! I was looking in the Adjustments section with the other loan programs, not the credit section. Appreciate the help!

lkell19
Returning Member

State tax filing

I just filed on Feb. 12th and the State return was rejected because of the credit; according to the representative I spoke with they don't have the final form yet.

State tax filing

I'm still not getting an option to populate the form.  I can enter my degree information and carryforward of unused credits, but I'm never prompted to enter my payments in a worksheet.  I am using the Online version.  Any ideas?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

State tax filing

The issue has been resolved. Please delete your state return, then clear your browser's cache and delete cookies and try again.

@Deschaine17 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

State tax filing

Unfortunately, this did not work.  I deleted my State return and tried again with no luck.  I deleted my State return, cleared cache and cookies, and tried again but still no luck.

Any other ideas?

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

State tax filing

Please feel free to contact Customer Support so you can speak with a TurboTax representative who can assist you.

@Deschaine17 

lkell19
Returning Member

State tax filing

I ended up having to paper file since TurboTax couldn’t assist.