How do I file a 2k-1 for Wisconsin, I'm not seeing this as an available form?

JulieCo

State tax filing

A 2K-1 Wisconsin form is the state counterpart of a 1041 K-1 Beneficiary's Share of Income, Deductions, Credits from a Trust or Estate.

Therefore, you would enter this form in the Trust income section as a K-1 of your federal return (if you haven't already entered a 1041 K-1 related to the same estate/trust information) and then the information should flow through to your Wisconsin return. (You should not have to re-enter the form on your Wisconsin return as long as the Estate/Trust K-1 information is on the federal return.)

To enter the form in TurboTax, take the following steps:

1. From within your Federal return in TurboTax, select the Wages & Income tab at the top of the screen.  
  2. Scroll down to S-Corps, Partnerships & Trusts section.  Select "show more" and then select to START/REVIST the K-1 section of TurboTax.  From there select that the K-1 is from an Estate or Trust and follow the screen instructions.

State tax filing

BUT the Federal form doesn't have space for Line15j - WI withholding!  How can I enter this amount?

State tax filing

I am having this problem too.  I have State and Local Tax amount on the 2K-1, but not the Federal K-1.  How do I enter that?

BarbaraW22
Expert Alumni

State tax filing

You can enter you state and local withholdings from line 15j of your Schedule 2K-1 in the "Other Income Taxes Paid in 2019" section under Deductions and Credits. Please see the instructions below:

1. Log into TurboTax & click on any topic to continue to your return
  2. Click on Federal from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen
  3. Next click on Deductions and Credits at the top of the screen
  4. Scroll down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid and click on "Show More"
  5. Click on "Start" or "Revisit" next to Income Taxes Paid and then select Yes
  6. Scroll down to Other Income Taxes Paid in 2019 and click "Start" or "Revisit" next to Withholding not already entered on a W-2 or 1099
  7. Enter the information in the State and Locality Withholdings sections

@StarGirl18

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rwludwig

State tax filing

I have a number on 13b on Wisconsin Sch2k-1. A column c adjustment for state and local taxes. How do I enter that in Turbo Tax Premier?

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

State tax filing

According to this Turbo Tax link, this is how to enter this in Turbo Tax so that a Schedule 2K-1 will be generated in your Wisconsin return.

2K-1 Wisconsin form is the state counterpart of a 1041 K-1 Beneficiary's Share of Income, Deductions, Credits from a Trust or Estate.

Therefore, you would enter this form in the Trust income section as a K-1 of your federal return (if you haven't already entered a 1041 K-1 related to the same estate/trust information) and then the information should flow through to your Wisconsin return. (You should not have to re-enter the form on your Wisconsin return as long as the Estate/Trust K-1 information is on the federal return.)

To enter the form in TurboTax, take the following steps:

1. From within your Federal return in TurboTax, select the Wages & Income tab at the top of the screen.  
  2. Scroll down to S-Corps, Partnerships & Trusts section.  Select "show more" and then select to START/REVIST the K-1 section of TurboTax.  From there select that the K-1 is from an Estate or Trust and follow the screen instructions.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

State tax filing

How do I file a 2k1 when I do not reside in Wisconsin?