happyhyg1

How can i see my tax return? I need to see if the traditional ira $6,300 is on there

ThomasM

After you file

There're two ways you can do it.

First, when you're logged into your return, go to the upper margin of the screen and click on My Account.  Then from the dropdown box select Tools.  When the Tool Center window opens, click on the first item in the list of Other Helpful Links, View Tax Summary.

When the summary page loads, look up above the summary and click on Preview My 1040. That will show you the two-page 1040 form for you to review.  If you qualify for the IRA deduction, it will appear on line 32 of the 1040 (line 17 of the 1040A).  If it's an IRA distribution you want to check, it'll appear on line 15 of the 1040, or line 11 of the 1040A.

Second, if you want to see all the various forms & schedules that are included with the 1040, then you'll need to pay first (you won't have to file yet).  Once you've made payment, then again go to My Account, click on Print Center from the dropdown box, and you'll be able to print/download the entire tax return, including all forms & schedules.