The state tax was not taken out of my bank account

After you file

When will my tax payment go through?

During non-peak times, funds are usually withdrawn on the payment date you specify, assuming your e-filed return has already been accepted (received) by the IRS.

If that date happens to fall on a weekend or federal holiday, the funds are typically withdrawn the nextbusiness day.

Now, if you filed right before (or on) the busy April 18 deadline, the IRS may not be able to debit your payment until after the deadline, due to high e-filing volume. In addition, it can take your bank another few days to post the debit to your account.

No worries; as long as you filed your return or extension on or before April 18 and you selected April 18 (or earlier) as your payment date, you won't get penalized for late payment.

In the meantime, keep an eye on your bank account – if you still don't see the debit 7-10 days after your return has been accepted, call IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537 or contact your state tax agency, as appropriate.

**** Make sure you set up the payment correctly ****

Check the printout or PDF of your return; look for the federal and state cover sheets with the Turbotax logo. 

If you owed tax, they will show the payment information and how you decided to pay.  

>If you indicated pay by mail, then you need to mail in a check.  

>If you selected credit card, it will probably be processed in a couple of days.  

>If you selected debit from your bank account, that information is passed on to the state and IRS and they will do the debit when they process your return information -- usually 1-3 weeks for e-file and 3-4 weeks if mailed in.  

> If you also owe the state ... read the state payment instructions carefully since most states cannot be paid from within the TT system and requires additional steps. https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900884-what-are-my-options-for-getting-my-state-refund-or-for-pay...