qianam727

If I've been waiting over 21 days, what irs number do I call

After you file

1-800-829-1040 is the IRS phone number.

If for any reason, there is an issue, the IRS will notify you by mail.

The IRS states the you should receive your refund in 21 days from the date the return is accepted by the IRS.

It is not unusual for your deposit date to be later than expected.  

The IRS site states that if you haven't received your deposit within 5 days AFTER expected deposit date, then contact them.

After you file

I E filed my taxes on March 5 2019. I have not received my refund of $1994.00 as of yet. I check my refund status every week and they always tell me it is being processed.  Don"t know what to do.

After you file

@truckerpaul21 

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions
If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.
Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.
Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
It should then transfer you to an agent.
Or you can contact your local IRS office. See this IRS website for local IRS offices - http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-Your-Local-IRS-Office-1 or call 1-844-545-5640 to set up an appointment
Or you may want to contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area. See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

After you file

I filed my taxes February 2nd and ive only got my state not ny federal its been 47 days way over the 21 day limit im so sick of waiting i want my MONEY now.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

After you file

If it has been longer than 21 days and your return is still processing, please contact the IRS directly at 1-800-829-1040 to check on your return. 

• When calling the IRS do NOT choose the automated Option 1.
  • Choose the option that will allow you to speak with an agent.
  • After 21 days they can check on the status of your return.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

After you file

This is not accurate information. The IRS is not accepting calls at this time. I, too am over the 21 day processing time in order to receive my refund and it's also affecting me getting my stimulus check, since the return has not been processed, the IRS does not have my banking information on file, nor does it have my correct address. The Get My Payment tool, has so many glitches and it is not allowing me to even update my address. Someone from Turbo Tax needs to put out updated information. 

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

After you file

You are correct that the IRS is currently not accepting any phone calls.

The number that AkinaLO gave is correct, but you cannot reach the IRS at this time.  

There is no way to check on the status of a refund or a return in process until the IRS is re-opened. 

TurboTax doesn't have any additional information - we are not provided updates on tax returns after they are accepted.

There is no other way to update your payment information or check on the status of the Economic Impact Payments aside from the provided IRS tool.  

If your information is not available today, you can check again tomorrow as the system is being updated nightly.

The IRS still has many more months of processing to do for these payments and isn't not done yet- if you don't see your updates currently this does not mean that you will not get a payment. 

In the worst case scenario, your payment can be claimed as a credit on your 2020 tax return when you file in 2021, but this is not likely to be necessary for most taxpayers.  

After you file

I , William Cartwright, e filed my 2019 tax return April 23 2020, I have confirmation number and all my info, I have seen no money yet!, I cant get a stimulus payment either, I've been trying that since March, 2020. What is going on here, I'm in desperate need of money, my money!!

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

After you file

It depends.

The IRS issues a lot of refunds within 21 days, but it has been taking longer with the stimulus payment being issued in addition to the tax refunds. 

IRS processing time and refund status 

The online link is your best option to track your refund.  I have attached a link with more answers from the IRS as to why your refund may be taking longer to process.

Federal refund questions

Also, be aware, the IRS operations are limited during the Covid-19 pandemic.  Attached is a link with more information as to what departments are available to contact at the moment.

IRS operations

The payment of the stimulus funds can be tracked at the following website:

Check status of economic payment

Please see the following for facts related to the payments as processed by the IRS.  

FAQ for Economic payments

JoshuaM

After you file

I'm having the same problem over 21 days no federal return low on income atm and cant get to speak with the irs for some reason smh it's sad we have to work for our money pay taxes on time but when it's time for us to get payed it's a waiting process.

JoshuaM

After you file

• I'm having the same problem over 21 days no federal return low on income atm and cant get to speak with the irs for some reason smh it's sad we have to work for our money pay taxes on time but when it's time for us to get payed it's a waiting process.

After you file

My son is having the same issue and the phone number supplied [phone number removed] is useless...it basically puts you in a loop...telling you the refund is processing..it's ridiculous there are no phone numbers anywhere where you can talk to a human being...He already got his state refund which leads us to believe everything is correct as Turbo Tax uses the same data...and THEN Intuit goes in and took out of his bank account the turbo tax fee that he said to take out of his refund..and I am sure they have that "right" in teeny tiny" writing in the agreement..but really with COVID and people being stretched financially and  Intuit/Turbo Tax probably knowing that the IRS is not sending out refunds and really Intuit as part of their service should be looking into it as we used Turbo Tax and paid for the premium service to ensure the taxes ..and easy 1040..was done correctly. I am about to do my taxes using turbo tax..and have for years, but i am seriously considering changing to another software. VERY Unhappy with the whole system!

After you file

sweet! exactly what I was looking for, thanks👍

Woodmansee1
Returning Member

After you file

It has been 21 days since I filed my taxes. Where is my money?