I've just started with Turbo. As I logged in, I began to follow prompts for information. How can i suspend activity until much later?

I just want to suspend activity until next year's tax deadline. Is there a way to do this so I don't keep getting prompts to go on filling out the tax forms?

After you file

The current online software is only for a 2021 return.   You cannot use the online program for a 2022 return.  The software for a 2022 return will not be available until late in 2022---sometime in November-- and you will not be able to actually file a 2022 return until 2023.   

Even if you are trying to use the 2021 software to do a "dummy" return to get an estimate for your 2022 return, the tax laws are different for 2022.   There are things in the 2021 software that will affect any estimate because the software is using 2021 tax laws.

You do not have to "suspend" anything.   You can just stop entering information or you can clear it out if you want to.  

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

After you file

You do know that Turbo Tax is currently only for 2021?  Turbo Tax is prompting you to file 2021 now.  Do not enter any 2022 info until next year.

Next year for 2022 won't open until Nov or early Dec so you can't enter anything  yet.  But Turbo Tax Online automatically saves when you exit.   
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/saving/help/how-do-i-save-my-work-in-turbotax-online/00/26235

If you started filling in your info (now for 2021) then next  year when you start 2022 it may transfer this info from 2021 to get you started.  But just the basic info like your personal info.    

View solution in original post