tweeder
Returning Member

I need paperwork from Intuit to send to IRS

I filed my 2020 taxes last year, never got my refund, and finally got a letter in the mail a couple of months ago.

The letter said that they need to know where I got my income numbers from (even though the IRS has every bit of information regarding my income since I'm disabled) and they need paperwork from Intuit.

I was prompted to use my 2019 information since my daughter and my incomes are counted togther, filed, then over a year later get the mail.

I've tried several times to speak with a person to no avail since you have to pay for basic customer service, so what the **bleep** do I do?

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

After you file

@tweeder wrote:

they need paperwork from Intuit.

What specific "paperwork" does the IRS want? What is the exact wording in the IRS letter describing what they want from Intuit?

What is the notice number or letter number, starting with CP or LTR, at the top right on the IRS letter?

tweeder
Returning Member

After you file

The paperwork they need is 'proof of income' from my 2019 income.

TurboTax prompted me to use my 2019 income for 2020 filing, since I did not qualify for a return in 2019 since my daughter is filed every other year for the CTC.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

After you file

Intuit does not have any proof of your income. It only has the information you entered in your tax return, but it has no way of knowing whether that information is accurate. Proof of income would include your W-2s, various types of 1099-series forms, or other reporting forms that you received from the payers.

After you file

What do you mean your income and your daughters income is counted together?  Did you enter her income on your return?  You do not report her income on your return.  She has to file her own return and check the box that she can be claimed on someone else's return.  

And are you asking about your 2019 or 2020 return?