How long after the IRS sends Federal Refund to your bank for direct deposit does it actually take to hit your account? Where's My Refund show IRS sent my refund on February 23, 2017. Its now the 28th and still nothing at my financial institution even aft

Michelena

After you file

It can take up to 5 days to hit your account. It all depends on your financial institution and how long they take to process deposits. If nothing comes in after 5 days, check with your bank and if they don't have any information, then contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 for further information.

HOWEVER, if you chose to have any TurboTax fees deducted from your refund, then this will be the process that takes place after you file your returns:

• Tax return is transmitted from TurboTax to the IRS.
  • The IRS processes the tax return and approves the refund.
  • If you picked the option to have your TurboTax fee's deducted from your refund then the IRS sends the refund to Santa Barbara Tax Products Group (SBTPG). It can take up to 21 days for the refund to be sent to Santa Barbara Tax Products Group (SBTGP).
  • SBTPG removes the fees (Their processing fee of$34.99 and the TurboTax fees). Then the remainder of the refund is deposited into the bank account or on a money card (like Netspend, Green Dot, etc.).
  • Receive the refund in your bank/financial institution.
Best way to track your refund is to check your refund status at:

or on your overview page on your TurboTax online account

Also, check here http://support.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/categories/200405668-I-M-A-TAXPAYER  for additional refund information

Hope this helps!