tkco

How can I download last year's return from TurboTax Online Free. I just completed my next year return using PC TurboTax Premier. (Which means I have certainly upgraded.)

2017 - Used TurboTax Online Free Version

2018 - Used PC TurboTax Premier

If I go online to TurboTax Free, in order to get my 2017 return from there it says I must upgrade online for $20. Trust me, I certainly paid that and MORE to get this 2018 Premier version for PC.

How can I access my 2017 Free Online prepared return?

After you file

The desktop software and online versions are two different platforms and do not communicate for that purpose of automatically unlocking prior returns, but your purchase does still qualify.

So you'll need to phone TurboTax Customer Support during business hours.  Tell them of your desktop software purchase and ask them to unlock your online prior returns.

You can use the form at the link below to schedule a call back, or it may provide a number.  Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

Where the form asks what product you are using, be sure in the dropdown menu to indicate "CD/download" and the proper operating system, then indicate which Edition.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact