BillM223
Expert Alumni

After you file

1. I cannot get this prompt to come up. I have went and refilled out the information on the My Info Page and also to Federal > Wages & Income > W2 edit. After going through those prompts again I did not see it so went to Federal > Deductions & Credits > Health > HSA and filled out the questions again, but it has not asked for "Did any of your HSA contributions go to [your spouse's] account?"

This screen ("Did any of your HSA contributions go to [your spouse's] account?") is in the W-2 interview, near the end of it. It's not in the HSA interview. 

This screen will be only in your W-2 interview, because of the code W in box 12 on your W-2. Your spouse will not have this question for your spouse's W-2, because your spouse does not have a code W in box 12 on your spouse's W-2.

"2. my spouse does have an HSA, but it is separate from mine and we do not contribute to each others"

And, to be clear, your spouse did not contribute to her/his HSA, neither through the employer nor directly?

I am going to let you go back through the W-2 interview before looking at your token.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"