After you file

I have not it also per tool says completed as of 9/10. That was also incorrect.  I pulled my transcript and it was just sent for processing on 9/14. It’s been well past the 20 weeks for me. I reached out to irs today and was told it is still processing and has yet been assigned to an agent for review.  So the tool is very misleading.  Irs told me to give it another 30 days. So I’m hoping it’s by Christmas at this point. Hopefully this helps. They were able to confirm amended return is a check and separate than direct deposit I received in aug which was the automatic adjustment of unemployment credit. Hopefully this helps. Still waiting though.

After you file

On the check my amended tool with the IRS. They said I was supposed to get it on July 30

After you file

It’s not accurate at all. Mine said completed on .9/10 however looking at transcripts and talking with irs it was just sent for processing 9/14   Filed in April.  Talked to them mid oct n said it had yET to be assigned to anyone and I should give another 30 days. Still no movement on transcript and no check. Hope this helps 

Mira2018

After you file

Hi. I called the irs and spoke with someone. The lady told me that my amended tax return check was mailed out 11-16-2021. I also looked at my tax transcript and it said the same thing. So I was wondering if it was sent out on 11-21-2021, what day should I expect to receive it in the mail. 

After you file

@Mira2018 No one here can tell you how long the U.S.postal system will take to deliver your mail. It will be sent by first class mail without any way to track it.  Watch your mailbox every day for your check.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Pfuntner1

After you file

Ok so the IRS advocate stated my amended refund had been mailed out dec 6,2021’an he told me the amount. An it can take up

to ten days for me for me to get it in the mail

an he looked it up a again an

confirmed the amount an stated it has been mailed out ! Then today I looked on irs account 

online  where my amended refund it finally showed received,adjusted ?? But how can it be adjusted when it had already been

in the mail?

After you file

Those tools are not accurate. Mine has said that since September. Your best bet is to pull your transcripts for verification. As mine says adjusted, they received in APRIL, sent for processing in September n still nothing n no more movement since September, yet tool states processed. Pull your transcript instead 

After you file

@Pfuntner1  Adjusted just means they finished processing the amended return.   Not that they adjusted it.   I guess it means that the original return was adjusted because it was amended.

Nothappy3

After you file

IRS received my amended return on 5/20/21 it is now 12/12/21 and still has not been processed. When I call and sit on the phone waiting for almost 1 hour all I get is we apologize check back again in 30 days.😡

swygerts

After you file

Filed my paper 2019 1040X (electronic wasn't allowed at the time) on August 22, 2020.  Received by IRS on September 1, 2020.  FINALLY noted as Adjusted as of December 10, 2021...over 15 months later.  It is still unclear whether my refund will be direct-deposited or by check.

After you file

I’ve been waiting since April, according to transcript it was sent for processing in SEPTEMBER. Tool is very inaccurate as it says it was completed but it’s not. Also all amended returns are checks which also is a pain. I’m still waiting as well. Just was hoping by Christmas but obviously that’s probably not happening 

Reneew22
Returning Member

After you file

When did you get it

After you file

I’m still waiting they received my amended return in APRIL per my transcript sent for processing… still nothing 😬😬 

RebDeL26

After you file

I did my amended return February of 2020, it was just adjusted 1/28/2022. Talk about a long process. 

After you file

I recently efiled my amended federal tax return and although it does say you can not change the way you would like to receive it...it seems it does not matter if you would want it direct deposited onto your account because whenever you amend you tax return you must have the amount that may be owed still to you Mailed to address provided. They do not direct deposit any amount owed to you when you AMEND your taxes. They send out a paper check by mail only. Even if you have direct deposit set up it any amended amount will come in a check form by mail to referred address. Hope this helps someone who maybe waiting on there Amended refund amount.