I only selected amend state return and now it seems to have amended my federal and says rejected, what do I do?

After you file

If you amend fields that affect both Federal and state, then TurboTax amends both federal and state.

If you did not backup everything before starting your amend, try to restore to the original files and create a backup, then amend again.

You should not amend until your original has been accepted and processed.  If you amended and submitted the amend and that is what is saying rejected, then you can find out why it was rejected.  Most states require the amended return to be mailed in an envelope, not submitted online.  Do not transmit the Federal amend if you do not want federal changes.  

After you file

I’ve already received my federal and state taxes back. I amended it for the state unemployment tax and waiting for the irs to send their tax to me. I mailed in the state, so should I just leave the rejected federal alone or call the irs about it?

After you file

You will need to print the state amendment, ink sign it and mail it in... in the FILE tab choose to mail it in and the mailing instructions will be included in the PDF.  

After you file

if you did not want to amend your Federal but did submit it (not sure how you can do that unintentionally)

then it was REJECTED, that's a good thing for you.

If you e-Filed your State return, you should be able to e-file your state amendment (only)  via TurboTax (most states).

View solution in original post

After you file

Okay, so i dont need to do anything about it? i just mailed in my state

After you file

There is nothing to do.