Stimulus issues

I recieved my stimulus pay for myself but I have 4 children and they didn't not receive anything at all,and all my info was inputted on the system by TT adding my dependents. I've tried looking for info on why this happened to me. I believe it happened to alot of people as well. What should I do?

After you file

first, let's review your tax return,

look where your children are listed and then WAY OVER to the right.... where are the checkmarks? under "child care credit" or "other dependent tax credit'

if child care credit, then it's an IRS error

if under 'other dependent tax credit', that is why you didn't get the credit.

post back which it is and we can go from there.  I assume all children are under 17 years old??

After you file

Yes they are all under 17... My oldest is 15...then 8 year old... 5 year old and also my 7 month baby ...

After you file

did you look at the tax return for the checkmarks.  need to understand that to figure out what to do next.

After you file

On every child's name on the box it has an x on the box. Does that mean anything?

After you file

yes it means sometime, but I have to know in order to help you

there are two BOXES ALL THE WAY TO THE RIGHT of your child's names on the tax return

one column is marked "child tax credit" and the other column is marked "other dependent tax credit" 

WHICH BOX is the check in?????????????  I'd like to know for each child and then I can help

After you file

Its all the way on the right and its on child tax credit at the end of each name

After you file

@jeryluv - then the IRS made the error....

IRS FAQ:

a letter about the Payment will be mailed to each recipient’s last known address within 15 days after the Payment is made. The letter will provide information on how the Payment was made and how to report any failure to receive the Payment.

View solution in original post

After you file

Thank you .....

After you file

Why i haven't got my check yet 

After you file

@Blackboii6 wrote:

Why i haven't got my check yet 

Use this IRS website for stimulus payment status - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

Use this IRS website for get my payment FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-frequently-asked-questions