Do I pay IRS directly after filing the taxes in Turbo tax or will they deduct it from my bank directly?

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

After you file

It depends on what payment option you selected. Did you ask TurboTax to take the money out of a bank account? Or did you select another option? TurboTax will only take money out of your account if your chose "Direct debit from my bank account."

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

After you file

I am pretty sure I did that, but how do I double confirm it. My tax return has been filed and accepted.

After you file

How do I know what option I chose when I submit the return? My return was accepted 2 business day ago, but the cash was not withdrawn by now. Therefore, I want to make sure I clicked the right option. Thanks!

After you file

I have the same question. Just filed a day ago and both Fed and State taxes were accepted.

Did you figure it out?

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

After you file

We'd love to help you complete your tax return, but need more information. Can you please clarify your question?  What is your question

@andriibordun1 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

After you file

Is there a way to know whether payments for calculated tax returns were processed after the files were accepted through TurboTax. 

In the IRS account I can see the transactions. But is there a mechanism to do the same using TurboTax?

After you file

@andriibordun1 No.  TurboTax never knows when or even if you paid your tax due.  Your proof that you paid will be your own bank or credit card statements.   The IRS has a record of your payments online in your IRS account.

https://www.irs.gov/payments/your-online-account

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**