Why would my amount recieved from my 2020 taxes be different from amount accepted

The amount that was accepted was around 2800. I got 1000 advance so should have recieved 1800. On turbontax it says 2856 accepted but on irs it says 2456 accepted but I only recoeved 1200. Is this a mistake

After you file

Accepted just means received for processing.  It does not mean Approved, and the IRS can still change the amount of your refund.  Wait for a letter from the IRS.  It does not notify TT, but your Recovery Rebate Credit ($1200?) may have been adjusted.

IRS letters explain why some 2020 Recovery Rebate Credits are different than expected | Internal Rev...

HelenC12
Expert Alumni

After you file

If your IRS-issued tax refund comes in around $35 or $40 less than the amount shown in TurboTax, it's probably because you used the Refund Processing Service option to deduct your Turbo Tax fees from your federal tax refund. There's a separate processing fee for this service, which is deducted from your federal refund in addition to your TurboTax fees.

Other missing dollar amounts may be caused by a refund offset. This is when the government applies part or all of a taxpayer's refund towards the taxpayer's past-due income tax, child or spousal support, student loans, or state unemployment compensation debts.

If this happens, you should get a letter from the government explaining why you didn't get the entire refund. You can also get this information by looking up your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund page. 

Finally, the government may have made a correction to your tax return, resulting in a lower (or higher!) than anticipated refund. Again, you'll get an official explanatory letter when this happens.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"