zayaray

I was just wondering where my return is exactly it seems to have been in limbo for about two months now? Should I contact someone about this?

tinytreedancer
Returning Member

After you file

Yup. Me too.  I already called IRS at the beginning of last week. They said that there was something wrong with my return and it was corrected. They said I would receive a date for deposit last Saturday.

Still no date. Still shows processing. 😡

After you file

Same- Can you let us know what number you called? Frustrating that no one at Turbo Tax helps, I dont understand what I'm paying for..

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

After you file

The IRS issues most refunds from e-filed returns in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review.    To find out where your refund is, first check your e-file status.   If it's been accepted, you can begin to track your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund? site.  You'll need your Social Security number or ITIN, filing status, and the exact amount of your refund to check your status.

Paper-filers: The IRS is taking longer than usual to process paper tax returns. They are processing them in the order they are received and ask that you wait at least 4 weeks after you mail your return before looking up your refund at Where's My Refund?

If it has been more than 21 days since your e-filed return was accepted, you can call the IRS directly to check on your refund status.

The IRS issues refunds, not TurboTax. This means that we can't say for sure why you haven’t received your refund if it's been longer than 21 days since you e-filed. You'll have to speak directly to IRS to find out more about the delay.

When to contact the IRS

What makes refunds late?

@Zgeorge21     @tinytreedancer     

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

After you file

Turbo Tax emailed me that they are charging me for their service, but I cant for the life of me know what is it im actually paying for. My returns havent been filed yet, yet have been accepted. Ideally, the $80 doesnt come out of my own bank account at this time...

@DawnC 

After you file

I know I've asked this question to this forum before but this is making me extremely nervous.  I realize the circumstances are different but I've never had a 2 month+ wait on a refund.  I e-filed with Turbo Tax as I've been doing for 16 years.  That went absolutely fine.  But my return sits in "still processing" state in the irs.gov site.  No further information on the website, the number listed to call [phone number removed] just repeats what is on the website.  

If my return is still processing, I'm assuming the IRS has the return, so no need to worry about the May 17th deadline.  When I look at the transcripts page (in an attempt to find more information) there is nothing listed for the Wages & Income 2020 transcript "no record of return filed".   I've read this could be related to my company not sending in the info, however that is not correct as other employees have already received refunds.

Anyone have any other ideas?  Other than just wait?

thanks,

After you file

I want to get to a stage where I can talk to a human there, but it keeps taking me to the same website info, too. Hence, I'm curious how you were able to talk to someone that said things needed to be corrected! Any other phone number or tips on what to click through would help. 

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

After you file

You can check your fees by clicking on Tax Tools on the left.   Then choose Tools and from there, click on My Fees.   This should show a breakdown of the fees you are incurring.   If your tax returns have been accepted by the IRS and state taxing authority, they have been filed.    @Zgeorge21

What is the TurboTax phone number?

-------------------------------------------------------

If it is showing still ''in process'' then the IRS has it and you do not need to worry about the filing deadline.   You should receive your refund and/or a notice from the IRS soon.  If you want to speak with someone at the IRS, please see this discussion as the user explains how to work with the phone system prompts to get to a live person there.   @KayPost

--------------------------------------------------------   If you are unable to find help there, Taxpayer Advocate Services may be able to help.  

The Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS) is aware that taxpayers are experiencing more refund delays this year than usual. Typically, the IRS processes electronic returns and pays refunds within 21 days of receipt. However, the high volume of 2020 tax returns being filed daily, backlog of unprocessed 2019 paper tax returns, IRS resource issues, and technology problems are causing delays. This is due, in part, to the IRS’s need to manually verify large numbers of Refund Recovery Credits (RRCs), as well as Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Advance Child Tax Credit (ACTC) 2019 adjusted income lookback claims. Once a return is processed by the IRS and loaded on to the IRS systems, TAS may be able to assist with delayed refunds if you meet our case criteria. Please review our case criteria tool to determine if TAS may be able to assist.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Antonino

After you file

Well I know what service I’m not using next tax season nor will I be recommending to any one I know I’m paying $155 for a bot to tell me to check the IRS app like I didn’t already did that 135 times 😑

After you file

Have you not seen the news lately - NBC, CBS, ABC?   They have been reporting that millions of taxpayer are experiencing long delays regardless of who they filed with due to IRS short staffing and a huge backlog of unprocessed tax returns - even some 2019 tax returns have not been processed.

And the IRS says:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

We're open and processing mail, tax returns, payments, refunds and correspondence. However, COVID-19 continues to cause delays in some of our services. Our service delays include:

• Live phone support
  • Processing tax returns filed on paper
  • Answering mail from taxpayers
  • Reviewing tax returns, even for returns filed electronically

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**