Federal Return

Received by TurboTax:
Wednesday, Jan 30th, 2019 11:36 PM PST
Received by IRS:
Thursday, Jan 31st, 2019 12:07 AM PST
Filing status changed to: Accepted
Thursday, Jan 31st, 2019 7:36 AM PST
TurboTax EDD: 2/21/2019
Where's My Refund?: Single Bar, No Date, "Tax Topic 152" at the bottom (as usual)

Claimed the ACTC. Most sites say the IRS can "process the returns on 2/15"...some sites say they will deposit on 2/27. Who knows? Just as long as I get my money before the first week of March, I'm alright.

Its torn emotions of both comedy and understanding with everyone saying "I REALLY need that money!!". Technically speaking, its the tax payers fault for overpaying in the first place. The IRS refund isn't "your money" per say. You overpaid, they do the math, they pay you back on their time. Throughout the previous year, if you completed your forms correctly, you could take the money upfront and end up with a $0.00 balance come tax season (most people don't).

But I get it....I need the money too. I've struggled for YEARS with the "but it says the 19th! now it says the 20th! now it says the 17th!". However, this year and last, I filed....forget about it for a while, check back every 3-4 days. I used to hawk the IRS "Wheres My Refund" page, literally 5-6 times a day, every day, for 3 weeks straight...it was killing me.