How do I see if my payment was made to IRS correctly after I filed e-file?

I filed e-file and filled out a section about my payment to IRS but can't find that to print out anywhere.  How do I know my payment will be made?  So far it hasn't hit the bank as it should have.  Where do I find the info telling me it was completed properly?

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

After you file

You will have to wait until the IRS processes your return to see that the payment has been made, unfortunately. It is not due until May 17, so you still have plenty of time for the payment to be processed.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

After you file

Thanks.  I am so use to paying on the IRS site for my quarterly ES payments and those go through almost immediately.  I was expecting the same to happen to my actual Tax Return.  I will wait and see if it ever goes through.

After you file

My returns have been accepted.  Is that the same thing as processed?

After you file

I would say No..... my return was accepted the same day as submitted, but they still haven't taken the money from the bank account for taxes due.  The reply I received from someone at Turbo tax was it will happen when the return is actually "processed".  I have always assumed process meant they reviewed it, checked it for errors, and when all was correct then say it was processed and started with the refund or in my case payment.
Back in the old days when you completed your tax return by hand and mailed in the forms with your payment, they would deposit the check immediately and process the return at a later time.   The Turbo Tax employee is saying they now accept the payment when the return itself is processed rather than received.