Mgill6543
Returning Member

Amending

I made a mistake on my taxes. I need to amend and claim my stimulus money I didn’t get. How do I do that?

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

After you file

See How to amend (change or correct) a return  and How do I claim the Recovery Rebate Credit in TurboTax?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Mgill6543
Returning Member

After you file

I know how to get to the page to amend, but I can’t get to the information about the stimulus. I tried using the search bar only questions came up, no link.

After you file

@Mgill6543 wrote:

I know how to get to the page to amend, but I can’t get to the information about the stimulus. I tried using the search bar only questions came up, no link.

You entered stimulus in lower case and did not get a Jump to stimulus in the Search box?

Stimulus TTO Amend.JPG

Mgill6543
Returning Member

After you file

Nothing but questions show up for me.

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

After you file

If the Recovery Rebate Credit was included in the initial return, even if the amount was incorrect, no amended return is necessary. The IRS has promised to automatically correct Recovery Rebate Credit errors if it was initially included in the return. 

See: 2020 Recovery Rebate Credit — Topic G: Correcting issues after the 2020 tax return is filed | Intern...

If you do need to amend, then follow these steps only after the amended return is started:

1. Go to the search box and enter stimulus. Click the Jump to link as @DoninGA stated.
  2. Answer Yes.
  3. At the next screen, Let's double-check the amount you received, answer No to edit the first-round and second-round amounts.
  4. If no stimulus amount was received, enter 0. An amount must be entered in each box. When finished, click Continue.

@Mgill6543

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

After you file

Continue answering the initial questions. This will lead you back into your return where you can navigate to what needs adjustment. 

For more information, see: 10 Tax Tips for Filing an Amended Return - TurboTax Tax Tips & Videos.