Can you help me figure out where my refund is?

I have contacted IRS they are unable to give me any information
LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

After you file

Have you checked with TurboTax and IRS tools? If not, please do so by clicking here:  TurboTax and IRS

You might need to call the IRS since it's been more than 21 days.  Please contact https://www.irs.gov/help/telephone-assistance  or IRS.

Please also read this: 

It is also possible that you owed IRS and they took your refund to offset the debt.  I will suggest you contact the Treasury Offset Program at 800-304-3107 to find out.  If this does not apply to you , call the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service at 1-877-777-4778.  

Here are the possible reasons when the offset is taken:

• Past due child support;
  • Debts owed to a federal agency;
  • Unemployment debts owed to the state;
  • Past due federal student loans;
  • Unpaid state income tax.

For more information, see RefundOffset

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

After you file

The IRS is seriously backlogged due to all the new tax laws and extra stimulus filings, as well as unprocessed 2019 returns left over from the COVID shutdown.  Unfortunately, contacting the IRS will not speed things up, and they have actually told taxpayers not to call.  Lots of other folks are still waiting, so please continue to be patient.  Also see:

Tax refund delay: As tax season heads into the home stretch, some taxpayers are still waiting on the...

The IRS is under serious stress — what does that mean for your refund? (msn.com)

What led to IRS backlog: ‘Thin workforce,’ new pandemic relief programs | Federal News Network