I can't amend my return because it says my SSN does not match, but my SSN is correct.

When I first filed, I mistyped my SSN, I then corrected it and my return was accepted. Now I need to go back and amend my return, but it won't let me e-File because it says my SSN does not match the original form. I'm assuming it's checking against the first attempt which was rejected before I corrected the typo, but because of this I can't amend my return.

After you file

You will need to put the same typo for your social security number on the amend that was on the original return.  Then when the amend is rejected, change it to the correct social security number.  The amend is checking against the original return. When it is e-filed, then the social security number will be checked against the IRS files and it will be rejected.  

How to Amend

@afrodriguez002

After you file

I amended with the same typo, but my amend was accepted. What should I do now?

@MaryM428 

After you file

Print out the amend with the correct social security number and mail it.  The first page will have the directions on what to put in the envelope and the address to mail it.  Make sure that you sign it.  

How to Amend

After you file

@afrodriguez002 

more wrong advice from an "Expert" that doesn't work.