LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

After you file

Here are a few reasons why you may be getting the following message at Where's My Refund? - We cannot provide any information about your refund. You must wait at least 24 hours after you get the acknowledgment e-mail that your tax return was received by the IRS.

• Your e-filed return was accepted (received) by the IRS less than 24 hours ago. Wait at least 24 hours after acceptance before using WMR.
  • Your return is still pending.
  • You never e-filed. You can quickly find out if you did by checking your status.
    • If you don't see a status, go through the TurboTax File section again. Be sure to go all the way to the end and select Transmit my returns now.
  • You mailed your return less than 4 weeks ago. Paper-filers should wait 4 weeks before using WMR.
  • Call the WMR automated hotline instead: 1-800-829-1954.

And finally, you can't track your amended refund at WMR. Instead, go to Where's My Amended Return? to track. 

Tip: If you see the message You may not have entered your information correctly, select the Re-Enter button to try again. In particular, make sure you enter your exact federal refund dollar amount. You can get this number from your Form 1040, line 20.

@Seansean77

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"