It has been 29 days since my refund was accepted. I e filed. Why is it taking so long?

It says e filed should be refunded in 21 days or less. It has been 29 days.  Where is my refund?

After you file

Mine also has been pending for 29 days. Hope we get some resolution to this problem.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

After you file

TurboTax does not receive updates from the IRS once they have accepted your return. With the IRS filing delay and backlog this tax season due to COVID closing the offices and leaving the IRS with very few employees working for the past year, the IRS has not stated how long it will take to deposit tax refunds. Your tax refund may be deposited in your bank account before the IRS has a chance to update your information on the Where's My Refund website

Please click IRS Operations During COVID-19: Mission-critical functions continue to learn more.  

If you e-filed, make sure the return was e-filed successfully and accepted:

• Re-check your e-file status 

Make sure to enter the federal refund amount without the state refund, less any TurboTax fees if you chose to pay any fees out of the refund.

• If you are married filing jointly try using the Social Security Number for the name that appears first on the return. 

If you have already tried the above on the IRS WMR website, you can check the status of your refund by calling the IRS Refund Hotline at 800-829-1954. 

Please check Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)? to learn more. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"