Kfollett68
Returning Member

With the Covid Relief Pkg...I assume I will need to amend return so how do I do that so the amount I send in is correct?

After you file

FIRST  the bill has to be signed into law (which has not happened yet )  and the IRS has made the form corrections AND the tax programs have also made the adjustments.  This can take weeks or months to happen  if or when the current bill gets passed and signed info law.

WHEN this happens there will be instructions on how to handle the situation ... return later for that information.  

After you file

That package has not yet been fully passed or signed into law, and not all its provisions may be retroactive to 2020.  Once (if) it does, it will take some time for the IRS to develop and communicate implementation procedures; and then for TT to program, test and get them approved by the IRS.  So stay tuned.

After you file

IF you have NOT YET filed and you will be affected by these possible changes you really should WAIT to file the return  so you don't need to amend the return later.  Amended returns take months to process so filing once correctly it best.